Friday, January 31, 2014

Start Your Day and Run Off Right!

I'm a foodie. I love to eat, I love to snack, and I like to drink. So now that I'm getting into running I do need to change some things in my diet. This healthy lifestyle thing is great, but for someone who loves to cook and eat anything and everything whenever I want needs to change. I won't compromise my other passion for food and drink, I just won't, that wouldn't be me. But I am making more of a effort to find new recipes and to try new things. So far I've done well. I really love Pinterest to find healthy recipes. I have a list piling up of new ones I'd like to try. 

I also find I have some trouble fueling before and even after running. Thank goodness Lauren was with me before and after the Wine and Dine half marathon. She did a bit more training and research than I did. I probably would've ate the entire food and wine festival before the half (it took everything I had to wait untill after the race to indulge). I would love to know what some of you more experienced runners out there enjoy before a big race. I especially struggle with breakfast. Yes I've heard a bagel and almond butter will do the trick but I would like to hear more ideas. 

I said before I find healthy recipes on Pinterest. I just found one id like to share. I haven't tried it yet so stay tuned. Once I make it I'll be sure to give my review! 


I really like the idea of this recipe. I like that it can be made in large batches and you can make it ahead of time. Time saving, healthy, and hopefully delicious! For the recipe make sure to visit our Pinterest page!

-Kayla 

QOTD: What's your favorite healthy and delicious breakfast recipe?

1 comment:

  1. I finally made it! What a wonderful and easy recipe! I tripled the recipe and it made a convenient on the go breakfast for my entire work week!!!

    ReplyDelete