- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
So without further ado, here are my questions from Lauren.
1. So far, what is your favorite race that you have run and why?
Considering I'm still pretty new to running I've only run a few races, I would have to pick Wine & Dine. It was my very first half and I got to run in with my best friend. Not to mention where we met/worked/lived together in one of our favorite places.
2.What is your favorite childhood memory?
This is a hard one! I might have to go when my brother and I found out we were getting a puppy when I was 7. My mom and dad told us we were going out for ice cream but we were driving for a long time to just get ice cream. We pulled up to a house and when we went inside PUPPIES!!! Oh. My. God. I was in heaven. My parents had already picked out which black lab would soon be ours and my brother and I got to meet him and play with some of his puppy brothers and sisters. A few weeks later, Bubba was waiting for me as I got off the bus from school in all his fluffy puppy glory. My brother and I grew up with him, he was often called a "labopotomous" because he was so big. He was a gentle giant though and was a part of our family until he passed away my freshman year of college.
3.What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love the sense of community and support everyone gives to each other! The majority of us have never even met in real life yet we're there for each other giving support during the hard times and cheering each other on for our victories.
4.What are you most passionate about?
This is an easy one actually! In no particular order..
I grew up visiting Disney, it was my first job after I graduated college, it's where I met my boyfriend, and it's what got my into a more active lifestyle. Disney is my happy place :)
I took Italian language classes beginning in 7th grade all the way through high school, and for a few semesters in college. I studied abroad in Rome for a summer and feel even more in love the Italian lifestyle. I'm always yearning to go back to Italy, eat good food, drink good wine, and speak with the locals.
This is my Italian blood, I love to eat and cook. You're sad? You eat. You're happy? You eat. You know how I love you? I cook for you. I'm one of those people who's thinking about what I'm having for lunch while I'm still eating breakfast. Food & Wine at Disney? Fuggedaboutit, t's almost better than Christmas.
and puppies...because, puppies.
5. What is your dream job?
If someone would pay me to eat and travel I would be in heaven. Like what Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel does, going all over the world reviewing these amazing vacations? Yes please. Sign me up. Hey Travel Channel, give me a call ;)
6. If a movie were to be made about your life, what celebrity would play you?
I would have to pick Jennifer Lawrence not because of any sort of resemblance but because she's such a hot mess and I love it. Maybe I love it because I'm a bit of a hot mess myself. I too love food and being sarcastic and often trip while walking down the red carpet. Ok I've never walked the red carpet but I would most likely trip if I did, but I do laugh at myself when I trip up stairs.
7. If you could have played a character from any movie, who would you pick?
I might have to go with Heromine from Harry Potter just because who wouldn't want to be a witch, go to Hogwarts and be best friends with Harry Potter? Plus she's super smart and sassy which I think is a wonderful combination.
Runner up (because I'm indecisive) would be Princess Anne from Roman Holiday because I love Audrey Hepburn. She also gallivants around Rome with a handsome gentleman. Sign me up.
8. What is your favorite Disney movie and why?
I would have to pick Meet the Robinsons. I feel like it's underrated as far as Disney movies go, but whenever I need some cheering up this movie always does the trick.
9. What is the #1 race on your bucket list?
Gahhh, this is a hard one. I feel like there are so many great races I have yet to experience. For a Disney race I'd have to say the Glass Slipper Challenge (I know that's more than one technically!) For non-Disney I'd have to go with the Rome Marathon, because, you know...Italy and running. I'm in no way ready to tackle a marathon yet but when I'm ready to I think Rome would be the most amazing place to do so.
10.If you could choose one food to have zero calories, what would it be?
Pizza. I could eat pizza every single day and not get sick of it. Actually, I think I did have pizza every day when I was in Italy.I would've loved for it to have zero calories then. Oh well, do as the Romans do.
Drum roll please! My nominations for the Liebster Award are:
1. Kathryn at From Dancing to Running
2. Lacey and Meranda at Fairytales and Fitness
3. Megan at I Run for Wine
4. Patty at My No-Guilt Life
5. Pam and Christine at We Run Disney
6. Kristy at Kristy Runs Kato
7. Carlee at Be the Change
8. Julie at Run. Walk. FASTPASS. Repeat
9. Kristin at Bamagirl Runs
10. Ali at MSPrun
Now for the hard hitting questions:
1. Why did you decide to start running?
2. What would your best piece of advice for a new runner be?
3. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
5. Dog or Cat?
6. If you were an Olympic athlete, what event would you compete in?
7. What can always make you smile?
8. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
9. Have you ever been fired from a job?
10. Tell us something we might not know about you from first meeting you!
You can go ahead and ask me ANY of the questions above!