Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Ramblings

Guys, I have been seriously slacking on the blogging front lately. Have you missed me? Things have been a little hectic lately with some changes that will be coming by the end of the summer. Don't worry, I will update you when the time is right :)


Displaying photo.JPG
This is how we naturally pose for all our pictures

As of now, my sights are set on the month of July. I've got 2 big trips planned with one being the DISNEY CRUISE I will be taking with my entire extended family on my mom's side. There will be 12 of us setting sail on the Dream for tons of celebrations! My 2 youngest cousins who are twins are graduating high school today (CONGRATS GUYS!), my aunt just had a big milestone birthday, my grandfather will be turning 80 in August, AND it's my mom's birthday the day we set sail. So we're rolling all the excitement of this summer into one big celebration cruise. 

Another fellow advisor and I our senior year at workcamp
I'm not sure how much paint we actually got on the house...

The week prior to our cruise I'll be attending my church's workcamp. Workcamp is very similar to Habitat for Humanity, where a group of high schoolers go up to Maine for the week to help with home improvement projects in a local community. I attended workcamp all 4 years I was in high school and now I'll be attending as an advisor! It's crazy to think I'm old enough to supervise since I still feel like I'm in high school. Overall it's a really fun week with lots of fellowship and a bit of a break from technology. 

Take me back to Castaway Cay!

The one thing I'm hoping to keep up on during both weeks is my TOT training! I'm already off to a bad start since I had to send back my orthotics to be recast :( I should have them back this week and am ready to jump back into training. I do need to be ready for the Castaway Cay 5K after all! I'm thinking I might re-do my ease into 5K app to make sure I don't try and play catch up with my training plan and go out too hard too soon. 

There will be lots of fun updates coming your way this summer, I can't wait to share them all with you!

QOTD: Have you ever done a fun mission project? Have you every been on a Disney Cruise? What fun activities/changes are happening with you this summer?

4 comments:

  1. Your cruise sounds like so much fun! I wish I was going! Can't wait for a Castaway Cay 5K recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited, I'm roping as many family members as possible into doing it with me!

      Delete
  2. That cruise sounds like it is going to be a blast!! Can't wait to hear your big news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hoping we don't get kicked off the cruise for having too much fun! I'm excited to share but some more details need to be worked out first :)

      Delete