|My Mom, Grandma, and Aunt...and all our desserts|
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.com
Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- One Bunch Bananas
- 12 oz semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (we made some of each!)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (we used coconut oil instead)
- Peanuts, Toffee, Sprinkles, whatever you would like to top your bananas with
- You'll also need popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Peel bananas and cut in half. Insert popsicle stick into each banana. Line on baking sheet and freeze for at least 15 minutes (I would suggest 30-minutes to an hour).
- Before pulling the bananas out of the freezer, melt the chocolate chips until smooth.
- Roll each frozen banana in the melted chocolate. I used a spoon to cover the bananas and found there was less of a chance the popsicle stick would come out of the banana
- Immediately sprinkle toppings on chocolate dipped banana. Place back on baking sheet.
- Freeze at least 30 minutes until chocolate sets. Serve out of freezer or store in freezer in airtight container for up to one week.
QOTD: What's your favorite frozen Disney treat?