Friday, February 14, 2014

Recipe: Banana Dark Chocolate Chip Muffin

Firstly, Happy Valentine's Day!! Don't be afraid to indulge in some sweet treats today (mainly giant, heart shaped boxes of chocolate). Then after all the chocolate indulging is finished you can try this low-cal treat! Since I had yet another snow day yesterday I decided to give a new recipe a try. Banana Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins! This will be great to grab in the morning or to put in lunches. I've adapted the recipe below from Cook Yourself Thin.

I don't know about you guys but I'm not a morning person. I wish with every fiber of my being that I loved getting up early and getting a head start on my day. The more likely scenario is I'm running out the door 5 minutes late trying to not forget anything. This usually leaves me grabbing something quick to eat for breakfast to in the car on my way to work. 




Banana Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serves 12

Ingredients
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Oats
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Ripe Banana, Mashed
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Butter (Or Vegetable Oil)
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup Low-Fat Sour Cream
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips



Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tin
2. Combine Flour, Oats, Cinnamon, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and Banana in mixer until well combined (about 2 minutes)
2. Once combined add in Brown Sugar, Butter (or oil), Eggs, Sour Cream, and Vanilla Extract. Mix again until well combined (about 2 minutes)
3. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in Chocolate Chips
4. Use Ice Cream Scoop to disperse batter into muffin tin
5. Bake muffins for 15 minutes
6. Enjoy!



To me, this recipe was simple, and quick. Each muffin comes in at 240 calories each and tastes amazing--seriously! I ate one right out of the oven and the chocolate was all melty mmmm, it was heaven. We'd love to hear what you think if you decide to try this recipe out for yourself!



Lauren

QOTD: What's your favorite go-to quick breakfast?



No comments:

Post a Comment