Monday, February 17, 2014

Tower of Terror Weekend Trip Planning

Ever since Kayla and I made the last minute decision to sign up for the Happy Haunted 5K and the Tower of Terror 10-Miler we've gone right into planning mode. I grew up with my mother as a Disney Travel Planner (we get excel spreadsheets of our trip itineraries) and Kayla works a Travel Planner. It's in our blood and nothing excites us more than mapping out the possibilities of our next trip. 

Source

We've made our first big decision to stay at the Wilderness Lodge which we're thrilled about. I have never stayed here before; it's been on my "to stay" list for quite some time. As an Interior Designer I love the theming of Wilderness Lodge. There's just something about walking into that expansive lobby with it's beautiful, sweeping views. We know that this will be the perfect resort for us to unwind and relax pre and post race. 

Source

With our first big decision made, we still have to map out dining and other activities. On our list is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I've seen the parade before during a cast preview when I was a CP, but I've never experienced the full party. I love that I keep finding new things to try each time I visit WDW. 

We're also looking into some delicious dining options that are new for the both of us. We seriously LOVE to eat, we could (and probably do) plan our trip around where and what we'll be eating. This is another area in which we'd like to branch out. We know at least one whole day will be devoted to the Food & Wine Festival (which is almost better than Christmas in my opinion). We'd also like to explore a character breakfast and a fine dining dinner option as well. 

Even though our trip is still 7 months out we can't help but research obsessively! We'd love to hear from you veterans what has worked for you during TOT (especially those running both races). Until then, I have a quick WDW girls weekend planned with my mom for the end of the month. I'm sure I'll being doing lots of research and reporting back to Kayla while I'm there!

Lauren

QOTD: What is your favorite activity or dining experience while in WDW? 


No comments:

Post a Comment